"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Monday, January 26, 2009

Return of the SCOOONES

I am slightly obsessed with perfecting my scones. I have replaced the All Purpose flour with Self Rising (and eliminated the baking soda and baking powder and slat.) It worked but Stuey could tell, so I went back (there are no cutting corners in baking, if you want it done right.)

I made cinnamon ones Saturday and Sunday I made Blueberry, I must say they were very good while warm but the blueberry's almost made them a little soggy once they cooled down.

Jack watched on while daddy was riding, if you blow the picture up you can see the powder sugar on his lips (I may or may not have given him a little taste of powder sugar. (HUSH MOM I KNOW... I KNOW but he LOOOVED IT)


He is so pretty, look how long his hair is getting. I didn't realize until I looked at this pic.
Yummy scones, Jack and I packed some up for Aunt Haley and Uncle John and cousins. William is turning one and we thought we could provide breakfast for the week, so they could get the house ready for Saturday.

THIS is what I discovered as I was baking... You let your husband buy the paper towels you eventually pay with overly tacky decor on them...
















2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is "MOM" as in your mom and the grandchild does not like powdered sugar! How do I know this because if one said grandchild like powdered sugar then he will like that better than green beans! We can send Stuart to shop with dad I usually get "Norman Rockwell" scenes.Dad loved the scones you brought him, he ate on them all weekend.

Joel Lamp said...

Well, I hate to refute Gigi, but I beg to differ on Jack's love for powdered sugar. The young lad takes after generations of Lamps that have put powdered sugar away by the pounds - especially on donuts, namely Dunkin or Krispy Kreme.

And green beans? Who the heck eats those anyway? Yuck.