"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Friday, January 9, 2009

Posh Mommy Candidate


I decided last night "I may just be a Posh Mommy." I will be announcing my candidacy within the week and my running mate is still up in the air, Katie Holmes and Angelina Jole are among the poshest of mommies to be considered.

Why the unusually large ego? you ask?

Because I bought THIS:



Which means I am currently cooking my own baby food. 
Note* I am the QUEEN of project quiting so my candidacy is still in the preliminary phase.*

I got it from William Sonoma and I LOVE it, it steams AND then purees the food which I then freeze in ice trays and save to use as I need (good for 3 months in freezer.)

I went on my lunch break to buy it and couldn't wait to get it home. I made a list of all the fruits and veggies I would need and I went straight home got Jack stopped by Lang Chiropractic to make an appointment (see previous post) and then on to Kroger. 

When we returned home I got strait to it (I read the instructions at work so there would be no delay in my baby friendly culinary creations. As to which would put me in the Posh Mommy running.) 


I also made his rice cereal from brown rice... sounded good in theory but we'll see.

I madly ran all over our small kitchen slicing, dicing, steaming, pureeing and thinking of different combinations. All while Jack looked on.


 Yes that is drool on him, he could smell what was cookin and he WANTED IT.

I must add I also had a good dinner planned for Stuey and I but he took the "baby and me time" advantage to ride and I don't think I blinked much less thought about eating. So while Jack was getting ready to eat a non preservative totally (by "totally" I mean partially) organic meal. Mommy grabbed a heaping bite of this:


This is one of the only sweet things Stu likes, so I bought it at Kroger for him and then fell victim to it.

Among the chaos I took the time to smell and taste his purees, I must say I was surprised. They smelled WONDERFUL and tasted WONDERFUL. I ran down to the basement with my first creation (green beans, sweet potato, and 1 slice of tomato.) where Stu was riding his trainer I yelled SMELL THIS! As I went to stick it under his nose, it was like slow motion I saw a teeny drop of sweat drop from his nose... I quickly jerked it back and we decided he could get a good idea of the delicious smell by me just wafting it in his general direction.

I got back to my maddening FRENZY, then Jack began fussing, I looked at him and replied "why are you crying you just ate." Then I looked at the clock 3 HOURS AGO! He eats his dinner at 7:30 and is in bed at 8:30 well it was 8:00 and I had just prepared, displayed, photographed and froze his DINNER (remember the whole reason I was making this healthy food AND the excuse I used to persuade me to purchase this overly priced object as to which would push me into Posh Mommy hood.)

So I ran and pulled it out of the freezer, lucky for me and my hearing Jack didn't have to wait long the freezer had cooled it to the perfect temperature. I gave my creations a shot with the subject and I must say he LOVED them. (by "LOVED" I mean ate with the same expression he did Chef Gerbers.)

But on a slightly serious note (don't worry we won't go there long,) when  I gave him his first bite my heart filled up like I had really done something wonderful for him and had accomplished something.

Then he spit it out and that feeling went with it :)
See told you we wouldn't go there long. Painless.

I must say it was fun whether or not that makes me a Posh Mommy is up to you, but I impressed myself and Stu (to which I will now quote.)

"Wow, you ARE domestic!"

Also, I wanted to post these pictures too, my food was SOOOO good for Jack he decided he wanted to try to roll over. 

I put him to bed like this:



10 minutes later, I found him like this:


To make the rest of you "Not as Posh" mommies feel better, I may make my own baby food but I do it in a very messy way.




No comments: