"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Monday, January 12, 2009

A Little Bit of Randomness



Last night I was having trouble getting to sleep. We went to bed at 8 and I was still awake at 1 am. I was so tired, I just couldn't get to sleep. So about 12:45 I try a little trick (I suppose if I were to title it I would call it typing.)

Like some people you hear, count sheep to go to sleep. I have always imagined a computer keyboard and type out sentences. Same principle as counting sheep, my eyes are closed but still moving and it really does work for me. Last night Stuart had just fed Jack and gotten back to sleep ( I had assumed because he was snoring :) ) When a nagging question popped in my head... I tried to let it go until in the morning but something just wouldn't let me.

So in a real loud and quick whisper our conversation proceeded as followed:

W: "STUART"

S: "WHAT!"

W: "Why aren't computer keys in alphabetical order on a keyboard?"

S: "What? I have no clue, that's something good you can look up tomorrow when you get to work."

Now that I have gotten a little free time I decided to do just that.

Here is the answer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to know! I've often had thoughts about that as well.

Could you add a "follow me" button to your blog? If there is one, I am totally have a blonde moment and can not find it! :)