"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mismatched Monday

Yesterday Stuart and I had a follow up appointment at the chiropractor. So Stuart was supposed to get Jack ready and I would just pull up and blow since our appointment time was at 4:30.

The night before I had laid out 2 outfits for Stuart to choose from, the first I laid out before I thought about how cold it may be and then I laid out a warmer option (of a similar cuteness factor.)

Here is the first outfit.




Here is the second outfit.


As I turned on our street I called Stuart and asked if he was ready, to which he replied, "We will be... I am putting Jack in the carseat right now. Oh and his pants did not fit."
I am letting this register a few seconds as I assume that since I have him 2 outfits, 1 of the pair of pants were too big, so naturally he went with the other. But I know better. I know my husband, so I caught myself about to hang up and I said "Stuart, he IS wearing pants right?" As the words sarcastically flowed out of my mouth I already knew the answer.
"No, he isnt I just told you they didn't fit."
"Stuart, he HAS to wear PANTS, he cannot go with NO PANTS!
"OK Jack mommy says you have to have pants." he said as I heard him unclicking the carseat.
"Whew, that was close I am glad I called." I thought to myself. I pulled up and honked. As I waited I just had a feeling that something wasn't going to be right and he wouldn't remember everything. So I ran in as he was getting Jack a bottle. I inspected his outfit, did a quick check that we had everything and before Stuart grabbed up the seat. I thought that this was going too smooth and Stuart WAS rushing in a way as to hide something... So I looked at Stuey and looked at Jack, then back at Stuey and I grabbed the blanket off of Jacks' lap... AH HA!!!!
This is was he was wearing.
The top minus the jacket from the second outfit (GREY AND WHITE) outfit and the pants from the first outfit (BROWN AND RED.) Everyone knows these color combos do not flow well together, (by "everyone" I mean every woman and metro-sexual out there.)
I just covered him back up grabbed the brown lovey that Stuey had given him to match his pants and gave him a grey lovey to match his top then I tucked the blanket in really tight to make sure it didn't fall to reveal the CLEAR FASHION DISASTER.
Oh well, I suppose all of you that have been mothers for a while or have more than one are screaming, I should be glad he was clean, not fussy, and at least dressed!
Trust me, I am very blessed to have a very patient and loving husband. He is a wonderful father and does so much during the day (working and watching Jack and two bad dogs.)
BUT
I LAID OUT THE OUTFITS!!! I MADE IT SO EASY IT WAS HARD!!!
Next time I will lay out 2 outfits that mix and match.

Stuart took this pic Monday afternoon, he called it a "family portrait."
Jack is 4mo and 2 weeks old here:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine this, with a girl! Brooke and I have made a pact that if something were to happen to one of us, the other has to dress the kids. Haha! The husbands are just not capable, even when you lay it out and make it so easy for them. Stuart is not alone.

I e-mailed you about the follow me button. Not sure it was the right e-mail address though. :)

Joel Lamp said...

Hell, I have to get verification from the Mrs. for the outfits I wear to work. Look, with the all other things going on in a man's mind, we don't have room to handle what goes together and what doesn't?