"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Thursday, August 13, 2009

No Flakes Here!



Okay so maybe this post is more of a confession/apology. Here it goes... UGH Stuart, I am sorry I made fun of the shampoo you choose to use and speak so highly of. There, now that that is over I shall explain:

Stuart uses Head and Shoulders, which we have had many dialogues about why he uses it when he doesn't have dandruff, and how blah the bottle makes our shower look, yadda yadda. OH also, I MUST add he doesn't even use the normal Head and Shoulders. He uses the ICKY 2 in 1 shampoo + conditioner.

Ever since I have been buying shampoo I have always heard how HORRIBLE it is for your hair, and plus how greasy it can make it. And this fact is in at least ONE beauty magazine a month, I swear. It's like a known fact and probably in our history books in high school, but I can't confirm that because I wasn't much of the studying type. Anyway, you get it... it is bad, bad, BAAAAAD for your hair!

One thing about me, which is the same thing my mom hates about me. Is I like options, I mean I can't have my hair smelling the same everyday, I would get even more bored because well folks when you work in a cube some days smelling your hair can be thrilling! So in order to fulfil those self made demands I happen to have more than one... well more than two actually (this IS a confession so I must be honest here.) different bottles and brands of shampoo with the matching conditioner because it would be a beauty SIN to use one brand of shampoo with a different brand of conditioner and I just don't think I could live with myself, once I decide on a scent I go all the way, there is no mixing and matching of scents here.

Anyway on to the confession, one day I realized I was a little bored with my options, so yes I did it! I used the ICKY Head and Shoulders 2 in 1 shampoo + conditioner and here is my report:

I have now used it a total of 3 times and I can report EVERY TIME I've used it I have had the BEST hair days EVER, I'm talking the great hair you get only when you're pregnant. The same hair by the way, that takes 4 MONTHS to fall out in annoying globs. Also, I cannot STOP smelling my hair it smells WONDERFUL. Plus, another upside as bad as I hate to admit this TECHNICALLY you ARE using the coinciding conditioner to the shampoo so there is no mixing of scents.

So yes I used Stuarts Head and Shoulders 2 in 1 shampoo + conditioner that he uses even though he doesn't have dandruff, the same shampoo I made fun of him for and yes I enjoy it, not enough to use everyday but I did enjoy it. And HEY at least I know for sure I don't have flakes now.

No comments: