"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Monday, August 24, 2009

Concert In The Park PartII

Monday, we took advantage of the beautiful weather and walked down to the concert in the park. Of course I have the same picture of Jack looking at the water and the same video or in this case videos of Jack dancing. This trip however had a little more to offer than the last, like new friends, Jack pushing the danger cart and a granny with her subway and Coors Light... Don't worry of course I got the picture! (One thing I have learned while blogging is you've gotta have proof of such things otherwise they maybe deemed unbelievable.)

As promised, this is what I was referring to by this trip having a little more to offer: For lack of a better term we shall call her "Granny"



And HERE is "Granny's" Coors Light!
Quote from Stuart: "Wow, tap the rockies granny, tap the rockies!"
I hope you are all aware of how ILLEGAL this is!



Stuart and Jack waiting on the train...
I shall preface these pictures by stating: This was truly a lesson learned experience, that neither Stuart nor I will ever make the mistake of repeating.


Here comes the train, we could hardly wait for Jack to see his first train!



What we didn't expect was how HORRIBLY LOUD the train would be, Jack screamed in horror (rightfully so, I think I screamed even louder on the inside! But managed to keep it together for Jack, and the fact we only had a few diapers with us and none of which would have fit me.)
This picture was taken after we turned him away from the train and he had just stopped screaming. So for those of you looking for birthday gift ideas.... I'd say trains are out of the question! (I'm seriously considering taking back the train table we got him!) It was that bad.




After we recovered and regained our hearing...

We met friend number 1...


Stuart met Chris Looney who had his little boy named John Ashton with him, he approached Stuart to comment on Jack's danger cart, he pointed out that our boys had the same initials, also they were born 30 days apart! We had good conversation and it was neat comparing how the two have advanced so differently. We look forward to seeing them again next Monday!

(I ALMOST offered up my cricut cutting skills to them by suggesting I cut his initials out of vinyl like Jack's, if they wanted to get their son a danger cart, but then I came to my senses and realized that as the QUEEN of project quiting it would be in my best interest not to promise the production nor completion of ANY project.)


Jack and John Ashton... Friend number 2!
(also pictured is an unknown boy who taunted Jack with his ball, I suppose I will give him the title (although undeserving) of Jack's friend number 3.)





Videos for you enjoyment:




Meeting a possible candidate for friend number 4... but dad intervened!






*NOTE*: There WILL be an update to this post of a video of Jack pushing his danger cart, I was unable to load it at home and didn't bring it to work. It will be up ASAP tomorrow!



No comments: