"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jack is Officially One of THEM!

We did it! We actually did it!... After months of waiting, along with a few miscommunications on my part, I got a call Friday that Jack has been accepted into Church Street Academy Preschool!

(As for the miscommunication part I feel I must elaborate... I may or may not have gotten Decatur Baptist and First Baptist confused when we initially signed him up at 6 weeks old. So as a result the people at First Baptist may or may not be looking for him on their first day of school as well.) Oops!

When we got the call that he was in at DECATUR baptist I was so excited (seeing as I thought it was FIRST Baptist) you get the theme... So I set up a walk through of the school and as a result we found ourselves at First Baptist at 3:30 on a Monday, while they were locking up. Fortunately, the secretary was there and wasn't quite sure WHO I had talked to but she hesitantly gave us a tour.

So the point is: We have toured (be it officially or unofficially) the REAL school Jack will attend and are more than happy with its accommodations. Also, now you know why we have waited MONTHS. Like I said Oops!

Confirmation came in the mail soon after the phone call I had waited so long for:


My cousin Haley (whom has two children that attend) has spoke so highly of Ms. Connie and Ms. Kasa, I believe William had them and they recieved nothing but RAVE reviews. I wouldn't expect anything less! Everyone I (by "I" I mean Haley) know goes to this preschool... and now we are so there!
It is conveniently located at the end of our street:





All these sweet babies will finally be in school together, I am so happy for that. I want them all to be close and grow up together and what better time to start than now.
Sarah Laine: will be in 3-B class, with Ms. Valerie and Ms. Sara

William: will be in the 1-B class, with Ms. Sharon and Ms. Sara

Jack: will be in baby-B class, with Ms. Connie and Ms. Kasa

Jack will be driving his danger cart to and from school on MWF from 8:30-12:30. We found him the PERFECT parking place, we are working with the school to have the sign changed from "Guest" to "Jack's"
We are still undergoing negotiations!












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congrats on him getting in. That's great. I've heard that is a really great program. I've been meaning to e-mail you. Life is getting hectic as always with school starting back!

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

Mary Reese had Connie...we LOVED her! Glad Jack got in.