"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Monday, February 2, 2009

The Early Bird...



Gets to have a conversation with herself!.....


My body clock is wrong all wrong NOT my biological clock my sleep timer, lately my body has been telling me that I do not necessarily need sleep, in fact my best blog posts come to me and my mind thinks of everything in the world.

Sunday, I woke up at 4:00 I laid there until Jack woke at 4:30 so I went and picked him up and we went to the back room and he watch Chaaaaalie and Loooola (that’s my British accent.) While I washed and ironed every piece of our laundry. (This is where I would like to add, I have taught myself to iron at 25, so at least I can take that skill to 26.)

Jack wasn’t too much fun to talk to because he doesn’t care about:
Blog post ideas
Shirts I made Aunt Sophie, he didn’t care which design I used.
My concerns on: my unusual sleep patterns, the economy (not that I am concerned it’s just the going thing), the weather and how it may snow soon, my missing green marmot jacket, the fact that he may need to eat Chef Gerber this week because his Posh mommy just happens to be a Posh slacker NOT QUITER slacker.





He does however LOVE my CHAAAALIE AND LOOOOOLA impression

This morning I woke up at 2am and could not go back to sleep and the dialogue went as follows.




2:30
W: WHERE is my green Marmot jacket?
S: Are you kidding?
W: NO that’s a great jacket. And why would I kid about that.

Then I preceded to go check the closet .

W: It’s not there
S: You probably lost it, you do that with everything you “Love”
W: Stuart!! It’s not that I lose stuff I “love” it’s just I don’t realize I loved them until I cannot find them.


2:45


S:You get a line and I get a pole, he sang , then he sang we’ll go fishin in the crawdad hole.
W: Can’t we just turn the TV on I’m not much for fishing.
S: No I prefer singing old songs.

Then he hummed a goodnight lullaby to himself. I laid there until about 4 and could not take it anymore and went and sat in the den.

So as you can see there isn’t much dialogue available in the wee hours of the morning. Maybe Mr. Sandman is just really busy.



Oh and if you have seen my green Marmot jacket, please let me know.

2 comments:

Joel Lamp said...

How about Erie Canal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23GDoyaxIig

Or Yellow Submarine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdeHYlfnd_g

Or Waltzing Matilda (one of my personal favorites)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INdjRCNcZj0

Unknown said...

Actually, when she was a baby her Paw-Paw sang this to her so Stuart might try this one.

Tom Dooley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moUBXT91A9k&feature=related