"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Yet Another Scrap Project

This project was done to mainly make space and make our house less cluttered, it just so happened a drawer I wanted to use to stick trinkets in was FULL of Jack's DVDs.

My friend Marsha took a scrapping class where they made DVD holders so I took the opportunity to use her example and empty a drawer for other things. Marsha used metal rings to bind her book but once we got all of Jack's DVDs in sleeves I was very unsure on how to bind it bc there are no rings large enough for this book.

I feel like I must explain the bow on the side of a "Boy's DVD Book" I had Marsha punch holes in the cover and backing then threaded a ribbon through them, the ribbon will allow me to add any future sleeves.

We got rid of all the DVD cases except the Disney ones and placed them all his discs in alphabetical order, also it was so big I had to use an elastic band to keep it closed. It turned out to be a much larger project than I had expected.

But I was pleased with the outcome.


*I added a "J" to the back of the front cover in the event we have another little one, I didn't want the book to say "Jack's DVDs" but the "J" gave it a little personalization*
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mja-tx said...

Cool DVD binder. The ribbon was a good idea.