"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Final Recipe Box!!!

So I have been working on recipe boxes for friends and family since November. I gave them out as gifts and personalized them as well. I really had so much fun making them until I was making #8, then that's when I became over both the trying to be creative and individualize them and the Taylor Swift Cd's I had playing on repeat while I was working on them.

After a 3 month sabbatical I had one box left and one of my best friends' sisters loves to cook and wanted a recipe box so I gave in and thought "well at least that will get rid of the ONE recipe box that keeps staring at me unfinished."

So I painted the stripes on the box and then the scrapping block kicked and I was stuck with a half finished recipe box. (For about a month.)

Finally, the mood struck me one day and here is the final product.












*The paint on the handle was wiped off after this picture was taken*















No comments: