"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Friday, June 27, 2008

A Thank You to my Sponsors

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my sponsors for tirelessly providing me a delicious treat to calm my cravings. The following companies deserve a mention due to the consistent and speedy delivery of my past and present favorites.

I would like to thank:






1. Wonder Bread (white), you and Kraft mayo worked together to satisfy my (at the time mysterious) very first craving. To which I must now quote my husband, “If I didn't know you better I would say you were pregnant.” Breakfast, lunch or dinner, it didn't matter you were there.



2. To Chili’s, your location less than 2 minutes from work was too perfect. Your buffalo fajitas managed to call my name at least 3 times a week. Your chips and salsa never failed to meet my expectations. My only wish at the time was that you were located by our house as well, Oh… and opened at midnight. This too was before I knew I had a reason to be a pig.




3. My dear nestles chocolate and 2% purity milk. For a while you were the only thing I could keep down in the morning. Not too bad with saltine crackers and quite filling even by yourself. I believe you are my Jack’s favorite as well you always knew how to make him wiggle.


4. McDonald’s cheeseburger and 4pc chicken nugget, you are delightful. Your more than 31,000 restaurants worldwide were just enough to satisfy me all the way to and from New Orleans during me and Stuart’s trip in April. My only complaint to you Mr. McDonald’s is maybe you should consider serving cheeseburgers and 4pc nuggets for breakfast, 10:30 was almost too long to wait. This late breakfast caused my loving husband to lose it and yell at the poor little girl who had to break it to him that he couldn't purchase his pregnant wife’s only wish for another hour.

5. Hawaiian Punch, you knew a gallon wasn’t “way too much.” I wanted your bright red dye #40 and little cartoon character with moose horns in my fridge so badly. As my husband loaded the cart with a huge gallon of your sugary goodness I found myself distressed at the size this was entirely too much it would only go to waist. Well once again I was wrong and Stuart was right. You are the last thing I reach for before I go to bed and the first this I chug as I stumble to the fridge in the middle of the night. You big fat gallon you. Oh yea…. And Stuart, we are out of fruit punch.

6. And last but not least, Mi Hacienda located on 6th Ave less than 2 min from our house ( the 2 min locations are just right). Your nachos supreme, side of salsa, white cheese, and beans are my want of all wants. You have provided sometimes up to 4 dinners a week, you somehow seem to satisfy me and Stuart and that is incredible. And to answer the waitresses question that was pitched at Stuart the 4th night in a row to pick up our food…… No, his wife doesn’t cook!

To all the sponsors that have made this pregnancy bearable, I say…. “Thank You” and to my husband who has logged many miles and used lots of gas (at the worst possible time to be using gas.) I say… Thank you and I love you









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whitney, that's hilarious!

RachelZoe said...

Whitney.. With they mayo sandwich and Hawaiian Punch cravings...I just have to ask.. are you pregnant or black? ha!