"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Friday, September 18, 2009

As Promised!

Blurb.com made me a promise during the ordering process, the promise was that my blog book would be printed, shipped and at my door by September 17th! Boy did they really deliver! (I mean how many packages have you EVER recieved on the promised date? Not many here?

I received the much awaited call from Stuart yesterday that my blog book had arrived. I could not wait so shortly after letting him go, I called back and said "I cannot wait, I am sorry. You MUST open them and make sure they are as perfect as I know (or hoped) they are!"

I also demanded he take pictures of every process of the unavailing of my masterpiece!
I didn't want to miss a thing...



Perfect beautiful packaging, oh be still my heart...


The finished project! I feel like all of my work over the past year AND the past week preparing the book (as pain staking as it was) is finally done and in my hands and no amount of "the world wide web crashing and taking my blog with it" can take this moment or this book away from me.
I ran in after work and then saw how amazing it really was, I was concerned about some of the pictures being grainy and aside from ONE they were all so very perfect.
To get the sense of euphoria I myself felt at this moment when I returned home and held it in my hands, think of it as winning an Emmy... (everyone has at one point thought of all the people they would like to thank if put in that situation.) And I decided to use my draft (for my acceptance speech) in this very situation.

As I have said before, Blurb.com was a whole lot of work (maybe a weeks worth, depending on the pages and I had 178.) But I cannot ask for better quality. I cannot stop looking at it. It was a little pricey but, Oh so worth it! Thanks Blurb.com!
Oh and the most important thing was they arrived the EXACT day they told me it would! How is that for customer service? I never saw that one coming.
P.S. I tried to use Blog2book.com at first because it was a little quicker and it turned out I had issues that took their customer service THREE weeks to solve and get back to me (when they finally did 3 weeks later, turns out they had issues with ONE link in ONE post that it couldn't upload) . Seriously??!! It took you THREE weeks to figure this out!??! That sight is supposed to be a quicker set up and you don't have to go through each blog post and format everything, I had my whole 178 pages formated and ready for print AND in my hands before these people even got back to me!
I am so pleased with Blurb that I don't mind any of the extra work I had to do! 5 stars for Blurb.com

1 comment:

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

I love blurb. I have used them several times and really have been please with their quality!