"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

And So It Is Written In Stone (or Paper Rather)


I have been waiting for Jack's first birthday, only because I am overwhelmed with this constant fear that one day the world wide web will somehow crash and burn. In those very ashes will sit my blog, and all the work and memories poured into it.


As I have mentioned so many times before I am such a project quitter but this has somehow stuck with me. I wanted my blog to be something for our family to keep forever. So I did a little research and found a website called Blurb.com.


Blurb.com allowed me to download my blog to their software, format everything (all 168 pages, it took me 2 weeks to complete. UGH) But now it's finished. My very own hardback copy of "The Lamp Post Volume I" is on it's way to the printer, my order is placed and now all I have to do is wait...


My goal is to publish one every year, I just hope there are more available options as far as publishing goes later on. This was horribly time consuming and a little mind numbing at times. I think it's a wonderful idea and I was surprised at the lack of options.


The expected arrival date is September 17th, I will be sure to take pictures and post them ASAP!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am still working on Jack's gift. Life has been CRAZY!!! To say the least. We need to do something fun in the fall with the kids and get together. I love Fall so we are always trying to do as much as we can.

Joel Lamp said...

Try Lulu.com - there's where I published my book about the JU football team's EPIC run to a conference title last year (available in hard back for $30).