"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Monday, November 24, 2008

Jack's Christmas Tree


When I was pregnant mom and I stumbled upon this tree at Lowe's, we thought it was so cute and would be something unique for Jack's Christmas tree. (Also, it put his ornaments up high so he can't grab them when he is a little older.) Also, Stuart and I went to South Carolina for our honeymoon and their symbol is the palmetto so I kinda thought it was a little sentimental too. So now that I am through trying to justify to my readers AND myself that this tree is NOT redneck I will continue with my story...


So, a few months ago dad bought the tree for Jack, he commented on how heavy it was to be just a palm tree with lights, as he was loading it into our car Friday night.


As we got home and unpacked it we discovered a small boom box that is supposed to be discretely hidden by this make shift rock at the bottom of the tree, also accompanying this was a remote control.... For the lights? Maybe it turns in circles? Nope!


It....


Plays......


CARIBBEAN PARTY MUSIC.... VERY LOUDLY.....


Oh and the lights flicker to the music, enjoy the spectacle below:


(turn the music off at the bottom to get the whole effect)






When Stuart turned the music on for the first time we could hardly control ourselves, to see this tree with Christmas ornaments all over it blasting Caribbean music was too much. I have never laughed so hard in my life.


Note: We will be renting Jack's Christmas tree out in the summer months for a small fee, if you would like this tree at your party please contact the Lamp family I know it will book quickly so hurry and get your name on the list, it is guaranteed to make anyone want to form a conga line. (Even in December)







No comments: