"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Events

Saturday, while Stu and Jack were at the park Heather and I snuck off to the Dave Matthews concert in Nashville. We had fun except Dave didn't start until 8:45 and it made me feel so old, there were people my grandparents age and groups of middle school kids with chaperons EVERYWHERE, I don't remember feeling so out of place the first time I went in 9th GRADE.

Considering Stuart and I go to bed between 8 and 9, when 10 o'clock rolled around I was zapped plus walking around in the hot sun hours before didn't help. I made a deal with Heather that if I bought her dinner we could leave (it was about 4 songs in). I know, I know but I was so tired and there were so many people there AND we had a long drive ahead of us. We got home at 12:45 and I was never so happy to be home in my life. Sorry I was such a bad date Heather but I did have fun doing something different.

This is Dave playing Burning Down the House, my favorite part of the show...

This was the line we had to wait in...



Andrea and Brett are winding things down as their homestead is about to move to San Fran, Stuart and I will gladly be inheriting things as they pack up, we received our first gift Sunday, A NEW COUCH... (new to us) We needed it so badly and are very grateful to Andrea and Brett. We will take good care of it.


On another note, The Coviak family needs your thoughts and prayers this coming month. They lost a little boy to Pyloric Stenosis 3 years ago and his birthday is coming around May 7th. I cannot even imagine the heartache this family is going through day to day. Every year they release balloons with their address on it and let them go, they have received so many touching letters from people from all over who have found the letter and address. In his memory Rachel has asked that we release balloons with a note or even his name in his honor and Jack and I will be doing just that on his birthday. To read Noah's story click here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate how old going out makes you feel? We went out for James' birthday. Bowling! Fun times. But at exactly 10:00 my body shut down! I can remember staying up until the sun came up and not be tired what so ever. Now, I am lucky to make it to midnight. It's so sad. Glad you had fun though. That's really all that matters.

Thank you for posting Noah's story. His birthday is May 7th. I greatly appreciate it!