"The poorest, the weakest, the simplest child, is born for immortality. This value outweighs the entire material universe, no matter how small a mark this child makes on it. The tiniest infant owns a deathless intellect, and is as immortal as the Father of spirits. No one can tell what this child will become."

~ A Prebyterian Pastor who died in 1873


"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

6 Month Checkup



















Jack, today you had your 6mo checkup. This meant shots, but you did so well. When we arrived you were asleep so I was afraid you would be cranky when we woke you up but when you heard another vaccine victim screaming you woke right up and you were in a great mood.

You are in the 5-10th percentile in weight at 15.4 lbs and the 75th percentile on height at 26.75. And for whatever it's worth your head is 16.75 around.

You took 3 shots and one oral vaccine, I talked the nurse into giving you the oral vaccine after the shots so you would think you were getting a treat and to take your mind off of the pain a little. It worked well, you still whimpered after the tasty vaccine but sucked it up like such a big boy. Below are some pictures with your mommy and daddy and Dr. Khouri.











This is your new favorite thing, putting your foot in your mouth. When I asked Dr. Khouri if we should still use the nursery water for your bottles he replied "If he is putting his feet in his mouth (which aren't necessarily sanitary) then why give him sanitary water... makes no sense." And that folks is why HE is the Dr :)


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So adorable!! He is growing up so fast. Glad he took the shots well.

I can't believe you remember that anout the dog and the music. I didn't remember that until you mentioned it! See, I've always been obsessed with music. Aww, such great memories! Do you know that I still have all of my child hood pictures? It's no mystery that I became a Photographer. I have every picture I took. A lot of you!!!

Jones Family said...

He is adorable!! I love his big eyes!! He has sooo much hair! My boys didn't grow any until much later. ha ha

Max has gotten in his 2 bottom teeth! He just started sitting up independently. It was like one day-he did it!

I would love to get our boys together one day when we are back home!!